As we reach the finish line on 2021, Uncharted is again reflecting on all the inspiring work and amazing teams we’ve had the privilege of being a part of. This year is especially meaningful to us, as it marks the 20th anniversary of our founding!
To celebrate the occasion, we designed our annual holiday card to enumerate and chart memorable new heights over the years, leading up to this special moment in our history. Follow our journey below, starting back in 2001, through uncharted territory in diverse research areas such as visual analytics, machine learning, big data, augmented reality and more. As you take in the climb, note the many markers of Uncharted growth over the years: the expansion of our office space and our talented staff, the accumulated body of peer-reviewed publications, and the global reach of our GeoTime products. For more information on the milestones achieved along the way, check out the links below the chart.
Hint: click the picture below to see an enlarged copy of the image.
From all of us at Uncharted, happy holidays!
- NASDAQ Wall live on New Years Eve on Times Square
- CommandSight featured in Time Magazine
- Uncharted wins Innovation of the year from EnergyRisk
- GeoTime Stories wins best paper at IEEE VAST conference
- Uncharted starts Machine Learning for adaptive interfaces
- CPOF wins Outstanding Government Program
- MLB starts using our visual sports analytics
- Uncharted begins Memex with Big Data and Natural Language Processing
- GeoTime wins IALEIA President's Award
- MobileTerrain demoed underwater at SOF San Diego
- Graph Analysis and Visualization hits bookstores
- Uncharted Innovations on 60 Minutes TV show, twice!
- Human Trafficking crime fighting story in Popular Science
- Deep web traffic analysis app featured in Wired.com
- Memex makes DARPA's list of hallmark achievements
- SkyMap augmented reality wins best poster at SUI conference
- Causemos goes to Ethiopia with Gates Foundation
- TellFinder on broadcast by Ira Glass in This American Life!
- COVID-19 modeling app wins best paper at IEEE VAHC
The individuals and organizations who have contributed to the success of Uncharted over the last 20 years are innumerable. We’re extremely grateful for the hard work of all our employees past and present, the collaboration with academic and industry experts who help us tackle our toughest research challenges, and the continued support and guidance of our clients and customers.
Uncharted’s 2021 holiday card was designed and created by David Jonker, Fiona Wu, Jordan Synder, Richard Brath, and Tom Kapler.
This post was written by David Jonker with assistance from Michael Crouch.