We are currently recruiting for a Visualization Research Intern to join our Research and Innovation team. The target start date is May 17, 2021 and will last until the end of August 2021.
The Automating Scientific Knowledge Extraction (ASKE) program aims to develop technology to automate some of the manual processes of scientific knowledge discovery, curation and application. ASKE seeks to develop approaches to make it easier for scientists to build, maintain and reason over rich models of complex systems—which could include physical, biological, social, engineered or hybrid systems—by interpreting and exposing scientific knowledge and assumptions in existing model code and documentation, identifying new data and information resources automatically, extracting useful information from these sources, integrating this useful information into machine-curated expert models, and executing these models in robust ways.
- Conduct literature reviews on cutting-edge design and visualization research topics and methodology for challenging problems that will affect advanced research projects
- Work iteratively and collaboratively with a diverse team of researchers, engineers, and data scientists to translate and synthesize research findings, project requirements, and team input into interactive data visualizations and usable interface solutions
- Design and implementation of visualization prototypes on tight timelines
- Collaborate with industry partners and top-tier academia research institutions
- Participate in producing research publications for top-tier academic conferences
You may meet or have interest in any of the following qualifications:
- Passionate about data visualization and UI/UX
- Knowledge of common JS frameworks (React, Vue, etc.) and visualization libraries (d3.js, cytoscape.js)
- Creative, collaborative, and work well with change and ambiguity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education & Experience
- Pursuing a MSc or PhD in Human-Computer Interaction, Data Visualization or related areas.
- Previous research experience and a background in biology are not a requirement, but are bonuses for you to have.
How to Apply: When submitting your resume, please be sure to include your portfolio.
Please note, due to COVD-19 we are currently working remotely and all interviews will be conducted by phone and video.
To work at Uncharted, you must be able to meet Security Clearance requirements and a Police Background Check.