Uncharted Software is seeking a Technical Product Specialist to join our team. You will provide technical support to our Law Enforcement (LE) clients. You will become a subject matter and technical expert on our LE products and understand how they are utilized by our users. The position requires a patient, and detail-oriented individual, who will provide a pleasant experience for our LE clients. The ideal applicant will be analytical, empathetic, technically proficient, and be able to communicate technical solutions to non-technical users.
- Problem-solving for new and existing clients
- Become a subject matter expert on our LE products used by our customers
- Training new, potential, and existing LE users
- Implementation of our LE products for new users
- Support case management
- Client travel as required, approximately 4 to 5 trips/25 to 30 days per year (Once it is deemed safe based on government travel advisory)
- Provide technical and product support for new, and existing LE customers and evaluations.
- Answer technical questions via phone, email and virtual meeting rooms
- Manage support cases in a CRM
- Collect product feedback from users and evaluators
- Maintain documentation on products and supported data formats
- Conduct both online and on-site training in an office or a class setting
- Create written and video help content
- Attend team meetings and provide regular updates on the status of client training, evaluation, and support issues
- Support product launches as needed
- In order to support our clients, you will be required to work some weekdays from 12pm to 8pm and may be required to work on holidays.
Competencies & Attributes
- Previous experience in a customer or technical support role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities while maintaining excellent Support standards.
- Analytical and collaborative problem solving, with an eye for detail
- Independent and self-motivated, but also able to operate effectively in a team environment
- Comfortable with approaching new problems with little information or guidance.
- Excellent PC skills including Excel, data manipulation, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Excel; VLOOKUP, Pivot tables, logical functions, etc.
- Experience with troubleshooting software problems
- Demonstrable successful project work undertaken
- Ability to travel to US and Europe
- Prior experience working with Law Enforcement or GIS is an asset
Please note, due to COVD-19 we are currently working remotely and all interviews will be conducted by phone and video.
To work at Uncharted, you must be able to meet Security Clearance requirements and a Police Background Check.