We are currently recruiting for a Software Engineer to join our software products team. You will be joining a team of creative engineers and designers building highly interactive web applications for users all over the world. On our team you will be working across our entire application stack.
- Back end - node.js and Elasticsearch
- DevOps - Docker and Swarm
We don’t expect you to be an expert in everything, but you’ll definitely bring expertise in one of those areas with a strong willingness to learn the others. You will also bring a strong attention to detail and a continuous focus on quality and improvement while working closely with others across our organization.
You are likely to be coming from a job where you have been part of a team responsible for building single page applications using current technology and approaches. Your role may have been specific to the front-end or the server-side but you’re building experience in other areas and you’re ready to take on a job that will foster that growth.
Desired Skills & Experience:
Deep experience on the server-side of RESTful web applications - node.js and/or Java, specifically Koa, Spring Boot is a plus
Both is a big plus
- Elasticsearch is a key part of our applications. If you don’t already know it, you’re ready and willing to learn it.
- Docker + Swarm is how we manage all the moving parts. Experience here is a big plus.
- Sound, hands-on experience with the REST pattern, MVC, N-tiered architecture.
- We’re not looking for a DBA, but knowing your way around SQL is helpful, particularly if your skills are mostly back-end focused
- Appreciation of build systems (Webpack, Gulp, Gradle, etc.), tooling (git, linting, etc.), TDD, CI/CD
- Experience building user interfaces - visualization/graphics a plus (d3, canvas, leaflet, WebGL, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
To work at Uncharted, you must be able to meet Security Clearance requirements and a Police Background Check.