We are currently recruiting for a Software Engineer to join the TellFinder development team. You will be joining a software development team building an application that is used globally to combat human trafficking and other online harms. You will be working across our entire application stack from development all the way through to production deployment.
Back end - Java (Spring Boot) and Elasticsearch
DevOps - Docker and Swarm
We don’t expect you to be an expert in everything, but you’ll definitely bring experience in one of those areas with a strong willingness to learn the others. You will also bring a strong attention to detail and a continuous focus on quality and improvement while working closely with others across our organization.
You are likely to be coming from a job where you have been part of a team responsible for building single page applications using current technology and approaches. Your role may have been specific to the front-end or the server-side but you’re building experience in other areas and you’re ready to take on a job that will foster that growth.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Deep experience on the server-side of RESTful web applications - Java, specifically Spring Boot is a plus but not a requirement
Both is a big plus
- Elasticsearch is a key part of our applications. If you don’t already know it, you’re ready and willing to learn it.
- Docker + Swarm is how we manage all the moving parts. Experience here is a big plus.
- Sound, hands-on experience with the REST pattern, MVC, N-tiered architecture.
- Experience with tooling (git, linting, etc.), TDD, CI/CD
- Strong experience with debugging in a modern IDE
- Experience building user interfaces - visualization/graphics a plus (d3, leaflet, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please note, due to COVD-19 we are currently working remotely and all interviews will be conducted by phone and video.
To work at Uncharted, you must be able to meet Security Clearance requirements and a Police Background Check.