We are currently recruiting for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to work with our IT/Ops team. A successful candidate for this role will be a skilled systems engineer who has a passion for problem-solving, tooling and automation. You will be heavily involved in the technical design, planning and implementation of solutions which affect the success of developers and projects across the business. Excellent communication skills, initiative and perseverance are required to help you be successful in this role.
- Craft and continuously improve the lifecycle of services within the business, from inception through implementation
- Maintain live services through monitoring of key performance indicators and intrusion detection, and improve uptime by ensuring seamless updates and automating fault recovery
- Research and recommend innovative—and where possible automated—approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
- Continuously learn and adapt to new technologies, infrastructure and frameworks, to ensure seamless deployment, and compliance with security standards
- Collaboration and engineering of solutions for software developers, as a key DevOps partner and leader.
- Assist with the engineering of solutions for various project and operational needs, centered around the
Uncharted private and public cloud, specifically:
- OpenStack general purpose compute cloud
- Ceph general purpose storage
- Kubernetes/Docker application platforms
- Various AWS services
- Collaboration and engineering of solutions for software developers, as a key DevOps partner and leader
Required Skills & Experience:
- A university degree or college diploma in computer science or equivalent
- 2–3 years of experience working with and developing in a Linux environment. Expert knowledge of operating system services (systemd, BIND, NFS, virtualization, etc.) in UNIX-like environments preferred
- Strong scripting experience with the following: Bash; AWS, Google Cloud or Azure SDKs; Chef/Puppet/Ansible; Python, Node.js or similar
- Hands-on experience working with virtualization environments like QEMU, VMware, OpenStack, Virtualbox, XenServer
- Strong knowledge of web application architecture
- Hands-on experience working with containerization technologies such as Docker/Swarm, Kubernetes, rkt, etc. (is considered an asset)
To work at Uncharted, you must be able to meet Security Clearance requirements and a Police Background Check.