We are currently recruiting for a Junior Full Stack Software Engineer to join our agile team. You will be joining a software development team which aims to model socio-natural complex systems, such as those centered around drought and famine events. You will be working across our entire application stack from development all the way through to production deployment. We don’t expect you to be an expert in everything, but you’ll definitely bring experience in one of those areas with a strong willingness to learn the others. You will also bring a strong attention to detail and a continuous focus on quality and improvement while working closely with others across our organization.
You are likely to be coming from a job where you have been part of a team responsible for building single page applications using current technology and approaches. Your role may have been specific to the front-end or the server-side but you’re building experience in other areas and you’re ready to take on a job that will foster that growth.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Well versed with modern JS/UI frameworks (VueJS, React)
- Experience building user interfaces and visualization libraries (D3, Cytoscape)
- Hands-on experience with map-based visualizations/toolkits: MapboxGL, Leaflet
- Experience with backend datastores: Elasticsearch, Postgresql
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please note, due to COVID we are currently working remotely. All interviews will be conducted by phone and video.
To work at Uncharted, you must be able to meet Security Clearance requirements and a Police Background Check.