We are looking for a highly skilled QA person to fill the position of Intermediate QA Analyst for our downtown Toronto office. This is a 6 month contract where the successful applicant will be assisting a highly skilled team on a mature research program as we ready our real-time collaborative web application for production use. Reporting to the Product Manager and Technical Lead, applicants with a range of additional abilities will be considered.
Here’s the synopsis of the project: the research program involves building a modeling platform to aid planners in understanding and addressing underlying causal factors that drive complex problems.
- Create test plans, test cases and test scripts based on requirements and design specifications
- Maintain regression test suites
- Execute hands-on smoke, integration, scalability and regression testing
- Participate in regular multi-user collaborative testing exercises
- Monitor software performance metrics
- Investigate issues and report via defect tracking software (JIRA, GitLab)
- Work closely with developers to isolate and resolve bugs and test fixes
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years experience in SQA
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proactive approach to problem-solving
- Experience writing test plans and test cases
- Knowledge of JIRA or similar defect tracking database
- Comprehensive understanding of SDLC and QA methodologies, procedures, and QA documentation
Please note, due to COVID we are currently working remotely. All interviews will be conducted by phone and video.
To work at Uncharted, you must be able to meet Security Clearance requirements and a Police Background Check.